Monday, September 5, 2016

Crossing Borders


May 18th, 2016 

That song came on today. Oceans by Hillsong United.

Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders…
And I found myself singing that verse with my whole heart. I had goosebumps. It was in that moment that I opened my mind to Him and what He might have me do.And immediately my thoughts were of Korea. Our time there. What will I fill my time with in this upcoming opportunity? How will He use me? Will I let Him? I believe it's in these everyday moments that He speaks to us. The answer was so obvious. It's been on my heart for many years now. Get this.
One day last year I come across a documentary that told the story of The Drop Box and a man who has dedicated his entire life to children abandoned on the streets of Seoul, South Korea.
Let me walk upon the waters, wherever you would call me.
Time and again I am drawn to this cause, children with a home or family, and loving on them and the topic of adoption. And you guys. Here I am, with a husband who will be stationed less than an hour from that city thousands of miles away from our home, filled with children without parents, with disabilities, broken, and needing love. And I am traveling there. I know that God has placed me there, in Korea, for His purpose.
Take me deeper than my feet would ever wander…
Never would I have imagined I might go to Korea. It's never been on my bucket list of places to travel. But now it is in our future. That's no coincidence.
And my faith will be made stronger, in the presence of my Savior. Please please pray that whatever we experience in Korea, whatever opportunities arise, that we can find Him in it all and seek His guidance for our lives. It was no surprise when I read about orphanage visits every other Thursday by the spouses at Osan. I'll definitely be participating.Thank you for your prayers and support as we prepare for our journey across the world. In all things, I will praise Him. Donnaven

––––

Today

I wrote this months ago, thoughts of this distant country on my mind and in my heart.

Today, I’m sitting in an airport waiting for my flight across the world as this song is playing into my ears. There is something waiting for us in Korea. He hasn’t made it known to us just yet, but we are waiting with open eyes and listening ears. Maybe it is simply to touch one soul, maybe it is so that we can touch many.

I am so excited. I am so nervous. But I am ready. Whatever He places in my path, I know one thing is certain, my soul will rest in His embrace.

Please continue to pray for us in this journey. We are definitely feeling the love and we so appreciate it.







No comments:

Post a Comment