Friday, March 10, 2017

Happy Birthday to Me!



Where in the world is this year going? It's hard to believe that my birthday was this week – already!

I turned 24 on Sunday. Eek!


March is flying by! I don't even know what happened to February. 
Ethan and I have enjoyed a couple of weekend trips to Seoul. Every time we go, we stay in a different part of the city and explore on foot. Let me tell you, my once comfortable boots are no longer comfortable after six miles of walking around the big city. I've got to get some more comfortable shoes.


My birthday wasn't something I was looking forward to this year, I guess it's that getting older thing, however I'm glad to have celebrated it in such a unique place as Seoul, South Korea and with my handsome husband. And I've survived 24 whole years on this earth, so that's something to be happy about!

We spent this weekend with the intention of seeing a couple of palaces in the city and finishing the weekend with a view of the sunset at the top of Seoul tower. Well. That didn't happen. It was overcast all day, and smoggy, so a sunset wasn't going to happen. We went to a palace that morning and spent the rest of the day walking around and shopping in Myeongdong. Tired from walking all day, we decided to try Seoul Tower another day with hopes of a clear sky. 


We did, however, have some awesome Indian food at a restaurant called Jyoti. There were two locations, and yes, we tried both. Ha! Have I mentioned my love of Indian cuisine? I think the flavors and aromas are incredible. 


As I turn 24, I thought it would be appropriate to lay out some goals for this coming year. I'm a list person. 



But before I do that, I should reflect on the past year. 23 was... unexpected. Life is like that sometimes, isn't it? Here are a couple of big moments for me last year:
  • Growth in my wedding photography business, meeting awesome couples
  • Growth in my Etsy shops, countless orders
  • Watching our new puppy Adelaide grow
  • Meeting awesome girlfriends at Whiteman AFB
  • Starting my fitness and health journey, losing 30+ lbs and counting
  • News that we'd be moving to South Korea
  • Flying to South Korea, back to the states to shoot a wedding, and back to South Korea (all while being terrified of flying)
  • Struggling to find a purpose in South Korea, setting my business aside for the year
  • Celebrating our four year wedding anniversary in a foreign country
  • Growing as a person living in another country and understanding life in a radically different culture
Phew! That is a ton of change. I hadn't realized how much had happened until I'd actually written it all out. If you'd told me all of that would happen in the next year in March of 2016, I don't know that I would have believed you. It's unbelievable the difference that just one year can make.


Honestly, I wouldn't mind if the next year was just a little bit calmer. Ha! Here are my goals for 24!
  • Continue my fitness and health journey, lose the last 15 lbs, tone and tighten, maintain!
  • Reinstall and grow my wedding photography business in Tucson – so exciting!
  • Make connections with fellow creatives in sunny Arizona and collaborate to create beautiful imagery
  • Book at least one destination wedding!
  • Reinstate The House of Moser on Etsy with hand crafted pieces created by Ethan and I
  • Hike in the Grand Canyon
  • Plan a road trip with the hubs!
  • Consider going back to school for another degree, possibly botany or other plant science related field
  • Learn calligraphy
  • Start a garden, grow a fruitful lemon tree (bucket list item here...)
  • Find stability and normalcy in our new home back in the states
Obtainable goals, I'd say. That's important. I'm curious to see where we'll be at this time next year. In the meantime, here's to enjoying the now. Twenty four will be a good year. I just know it.


No comments:

Post a Comment